Each year, JTIRC will recruit approximately 12 research associates (RAs) who will spend 12-18 months in Hanoi as VNU PhD students before joining UTS in Sydney. During this time RAs will:
- Work under the guidance of a team of leading professors from VNU and UTS (see core members below) *
- Receive intensive English training to be eligible for PhD admission to UTS
- Receive an allowance of AUD$500 per month
Subsequently, RAs will spend 12 months in Sydney enrolled at UTS as PhD students and receive the following financial support.
- Tuition fee waiver (valued at $35,000 AUD per year approx.)
- Annual stipend (valued at $26,280 AUD per year approx.)
- Health insurance
- A round-trip air ticket between Vietnam and Australia
- Conference travel grants
Note: Additional top-up allowances from industry projects may also be available in exceptional circumstances.
Returning to VNU
After spending 12 months at UTS in Sydney, students will return to VNU to complete their PhD programs under a joint enrolment at UTS and VNU. Upon successful completion of the program, students will be awarded PhD degrees from UTS and VNU.
Preliminary criteria: Meet English proficiency requirement (e.g. IELTS 5.5) with demonstrated excellence in academic achievement (e.g. top venue publications)
Postdocs and research fellows
Generous salary packages and exceptional working conditions are on offer to help foster career success for early career researchers with outstanding publication records.
Industry partnership opportunities
The Joint Technology and Innovation Research Centre (JTIRC) offers opportunities to industry partners for contract research including access to:
- Research laboratories and research experts in Vietnam and Australia
- Advanced prototyping services
- Office and laboratory space in Hoa Lac Hi-tech Park, Vietnam and in Sydney, Australia.
- Training courses
- Graduates and student networks
- UTS-VNU dual PhD program to partner employees
Various partnership packages are readily tailored to industry needs. Further details may be found in the Partnership Packages flyer.