JTIRC continues recruiting research associates (RAs) who will spend 12-18 months in Vietnam as VNU-UET or HCMUT PhD students before joining UTS in Sydney.
During this time RAs will:
- Work under the guidance of a team of leading professors from Vietnam and Australia
- Receive an allowance in some instances
(current RAs at JTIRC are receiving an allowance of A$800/month for up to 27 months)
- Travel support to attend international conferences
Subsequently, RAs will spend 12 months in Sydney enrolled at UTS as PhD students and receive the following financial support.
- Tuition fee waiver (valued at approx. A$35,000 per year)
- Annual stipend (valued at approx. A$28,092 per year)
- Health insurance
- Use of a laptop while at UTS
- Opportunity to access conference travel grants
Note: Additional top-up allowances from industry projects may also be available in exceptional circumstances.
Returning to Vietnam
After spending 12 months at UTS in Sydney, students will return to Vietnam to complete their PhD under a joint enrolment at UTS and their home institution (VNU-UET or HCMUT). Upon successful completion of the program, students will be awarded PhD degrees from both institutions.
- Meet English proficiency requirement for admission (IELTS 6.5) with demonstrated excellence in academic achievement (e.g. top venue publications)
- Enrolled in a PhD program at UET-VNU. See Cong thong tin tuyen sinh sau dai hoc DHQGHN for more details. Note: An official announcement about the first-round call for PhD applications at UET in 2022 will be published on UET website soon.